Source Medicine Dementia Study
We are looking for individuals with Alzheimer's Disease who would like to be part of our three month study.
Source Resonances are created by tapping into the vital essence of being and are designed to re-activate the individual's inbuilt healing capacity. These resonances work wonderfully well in Africa and already work to some extent for westerners. We have been working on developing a simple and reliable approach for the west and we are now ready to test out how helpful this can be for people with dementia.
The study involves questionnaires, regular Skype appointments and listening to a sound resonance, generally daily. You will need a friend (witness) to help you with the programme. (More details below.)
Could this be for you?
The client will be someone who:
- has been given a diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease within the past 5 years;
- is living at home, whose carers who agree with doing the study and where there is no power of attorney arrangement.
The client will also have a witness: someone who knows the client well, sees them at least once a week and is available to support the client’s participation in the study and observe their progress.
Both the witness and the client will speak English, have access to e-mail and Skype and be willing to fill in forms and questionnaires and attend regular Skype appointments, on a 'by donation' basis.
With the support of carers or their witness, the client will be willing and able to:
- follow prescription details accurately (e.g. frequency of listening);
- inform us of any change of medication (which may impact on their continuing the study);
- inform us of any significant change of lifestyle for instance diet, exercise, supplements.
In participating in this study, the client gives permission for Source Medicine to use, share and publish the results of the study, while maintaining client confidentiality.
The dementia clinic will be run by Source Medicine co-directors Peter Chappell and Leilani van Koten.Peter is a homeopath with over 40 years of experience and Leilani is trained in medicine, Reiki, counselling and groupwork. Leilani and Peter have been co-developing Source Medicine and the Source Resonances since 2014, based on Peter's earlier work with PC Remedies. See the History page for more details.
To be considered for participating in the study you will need to complete some preliminary questionnaires. If we are not able to accept you into the study, we will give you details of practitioners who may be able to help you. If you are enrolled on the study, it is offered on a 'by donation' basis for three months. After this time, if you require further treatment, we can refer you to a practitioner with experience using Source Resonances.
What to expect:
- Initial assessment: Questionnaires, a simple test and an initial assessment appointment (1/2 - 1 hour).
- Follow-up appointments: Regular Skype appointments (generally fortnightly, 15 - 30 minutes long) with Peter, the client and the witness, with some time one-to-one with each, as appropriate.
- Your prescription: The study will use a few Source Resonances, in the form of one minute long sounds (generally sea waves). You will be sent a link by e-mail to listen to (generally once a day) using headphones.
- Final evaluation questionnaires, test and appointment.
- Onward referral, if appropriate.
Do contact us if you would like further information.