High Sensitivity Helpsheet
Some people have high sensitivity i.e. being unusually affected or (quickly) becoming unwell with certain external influences. Sometimes, if there is a history of high sensitivity, the individual may also be sensitive to Source Resonances and may benefit from a more cautious approach to prescribing.
The following Screening Questions can help with identifying sensitive individuals.
Do you consider yourself to have high sensitivity?
If so, what does this mean to you and what symptoms do you experience that you associate with high sensitivity?
Specifically, are you aware of having high sensitivity with any of the following items?
a) Sound, light, busy environments, social situations (sensory overload)
b) Foods (e.g. gluten, caffeine, sugar, dairy), chemical toxins, EMF (Electro-magnetic frequencies) e.g. mobile phone signals and wi-fi, bites, stings, nutritional supplements?
c) Prescription drugs (e.g. allergy to antibiotics) or recreational/street drugs (including alcohol)?
d) Healing therapies (susceptibility to aggravations) and meditative practices (for example feeling ungrounded afterwards, or finding it hard to re-engage with daily life)?
Please rate your response to each from 0 to 10 (where 10 is highly sensitive)
This information can provide a baseline for reference when prescribing for people with high sensitivity.
If you have high sensitivity and are using the Resonances for self-help or first aid (for instance the SR Releasing Coronaviruses) a simple approach is to listen to just 15 seconds at first and build up gradually - if helpful (initially listening less frequently than is recommended for others).
When prescribing for people with high sensitivity it is important:
- to use once, watch and wait; ;
- to observe responses carefully;
- for the individual to listen to their sense of how to proceed.
- and to remember that more is not always better!
Here are some ideas of how to build up gradually when using the Resonances. The client and practitioner may be able to assess together what level to start with:
- Think of, or read the name of the resonance, breathing and consciously inviting it in.
- Bring up the personalised audio page and read the title.
- Play the audio on mute initially. (This means you first turn off the volume on your computer or device, then bring up the resonance link, press 'play' and tune in to the title on the screen and an awareness of your body and energy field. Although 'listening' on mute may seem strange, it is can be a helpful step for those with high sensitivity.)
- Listen to one second of the sound resonance. Gradually adjust the time. With this, it is helpful for the individual to tune in to their felt experience of listening to the audio. As soon as there is a thought that this may be enough, that is the time to stop. With high sensitivity it is generally helpful to take it slowly and gently rather than push the pace. If a few seconds on mute is strong enough for the individual, then just stick with that.
- Play the audio on low volume.
- Listen briefly several times a day.
- Listen briefly then pause and breathe and then listen a bit more, each time allowing the Resonance to settle in your energetic field.
- Audios can also be played directly to the area of the body affected, using headphones placed on the body.
Audios can be particularly suitable for those with high sensitivity.For liquid/pill Resonances:
- Imagine holding the bottle.
- Imagine taking a drop.
- Look at bottle, while consciously connecting with it/inviting it in.
- Hold bottle.
- Open lid and sniff, while holding bottle.
- Put a drop or pill in a glass of water, stir and dip your finger in briefly - wipe dry.
- Put a drop or pill in a glass of water, stir and place one drop on skin
- Place one drop from bottle onto skin, or hold between two fingers briefly.
- Take one drop by mouth and wait a week.
Observe carefully. See the Self-help Usage Instructions or, for homeopaths, prescribing recommendations. The Source Medicine ABC page has additional practitioner recommendations for working with clients with high sensitivity or complex conditions, including the use of the SR System Balancers.
The use of a pendulum, kinesiology or other techniques to check suitabiltiy of prescriptions, frequency, length of audio etc. can be helpful.
For those with high sensitivity, occasionally using Source Resonances can lead to feeling exhausted or emotionally unsettled. This is generally due to the process of integrating the energy field of the Resonance into your own energetic system.
The following tips can help with this and can be used preventatively or to address an issue when it arises. Experiment and see what works for you!
To help the Resonance to fully integrate, we encourage people to do something proactive while listening, for example tap your body somewhere; be aware of your breathing; sigh; exercise; smile or make some other movement or sound - 'Laugh, cry, shake, sigh' is a useful reminder.
This may be particularly helpful to people with high sensitivity as it supports the energetic flow and also may give the user a clearer sense of how much is enough (particularly when listening to audio Resonances).
- Feel your feet on the ground, buttocks sitting on the chair. Touch your finger tips together and breathe.
- Take steady, deep diaphragmatic breaths. Sing, yawn, cry, laugh, smile.
- Raise your arms above your head in a “Y” shape, opening up the upper chakras and reaching out to Source.
Other strategies to support the use of Source Resonances:
- Drink plenty of healthy water and reduce stimulates/caffiene//drugs/alcohol and wifi/phone exposure to ease the strain on the nervous system.
- Lie on the ground in the shade with one’s back on the grass. Bend knees if needed and or put a 100% cotton towel or natural fibered blanket down (no polyester as that blocks energy flow). Breath consciously, tuning into the land, the earth and any trees or plants around you.
- Some people find it helpful to stop using Source Resonances for three days (an acupuncture ‘cycle’) and see whether things settle for them. Then the Resonances can be gradually added back in, adjusting usage carefully. Remember - less can be more, for some people.
There are a few Source Resonances that are specifically helpful for supporting integration and can be used as a preparatory step for those with high sensitivity.
- SR Enhancing Grounding, Centring and Stillness
- SR Earthing Tool
- SR Enhancing Embodiment
- SR Opening to Breath